Litigation Calendaring Docket Clerk – San Francisco
There has never been a better time to join Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum, a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation. At BEHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We will resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
Litigation Calendaring/Docket Clerk
The San Francisco, California office of Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum is currently accepting resumes for a Calendaring Clerk. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of calendaring experience at a law firm, a working knowledge of ProLaw, and is eager to join a growing and busy firm. Paralegals and legal secretaries are also welcome to apply for the role so long as you have the prerequisite experience in litigation calendaring. This is a full-time, salaried role with great benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track important legal and filing deadlines for designated clients and case.
- Manage and review records and enter schedules or deadlines into the calendar.
- Maintain the appearance calendar, docket all urgent eServe and Fax documents pertaining to appearances that are within 7 days and reach out to the courts to confirm calendared dates.
- Set Up CourtCalls and LA Court Connect.
- Profile new case email, conflicts email, and rule sets for case in ProLaw and docket any hearings and last day to answer complaint.
- Docket hearings, discovery and all information as it relates to court findings.
- Docket CourtCall information and remote call-in information for hearings and depositions.
- Correspondence and emails: Read over correspondence to see if there’s something to docket (such as a last day for our client to join a defense email tree), respond to accepting expert witnesses, response to settlement demands, meet and confer supplemental discovery responses deadlines, regarding closing of a specific case.
- Serve as a docket clerk, generating reports detailing action items and due dates. We’re looking for someone who has; good reading and writing skills, strong grammar and spelling, competent keyboard skills, good communication, an ability to work individually and as part of a team, and the ability to concentrate for long periods of time and attention to detail.
*Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, computer keyboarding and continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading, and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
*The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected]
*Equal Opportunity Employer*