San Francisco – Part-Time Paralegal Needed
Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum (BEHB) is a California defense firm of trial lawyers offering large-firm experience combined with small-firm agility. From our offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we help clients navigate complex claims in state and federal court. By joining our team, you will become part of a diverse group of people who are valued and rewarded for their contributions. Our firm offers excellent benefits, competitive salary, work-life balance options and opportunities for advancement. We look forward to the possibility of working with you!
We are currently accepting resumes for a part-time litigation paralegal in our San Francisco office to support the firm’s attorneys with the critical work of preparing for and managing litigation. Applicants must have 3-5 years of litigation experience with casualty matters. Experience using online case management systems such as LexisNexis and Case Anywhere is required. Successful candidates are skilled at managing legal research, standard discovery requests, expert activities, and deposition calendar for complex multiparty cases. ProLaw experience is preferred.
- Obtains, reviews, analyzes and summarizes legal documentation pertaining to cases
- Schedules depositions and other meetings with clients, witnesses, experts, opposing counsel, court reporters and others
- Identifies, locates, and evaluates potential experts and sends expert packages to parties for review.Tracks requests for documents and follows up on progress.
- Regularly reviews files and proactively works to move cases forward
- Documents files and updates client coordinator when necessary regarding status of cases
- Participates in all aspects of trial preparation as required by client coordinator
- Prepares draft documents
- Performs research pertaining to legal issues and precedents related to particular cases
- Performs clerical duties such as typing and filing to the extent required to produce nonbillable work product or assure proper organization of case files
- Enters billable time into computer on a daily basis
- Ensures all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines available on the firm Intranet
- Remains flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators
Required Skills + Experience:
- Knowledge of rules and filing requirements of California courts
- Strong emotional intelligence and communication skills to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and clients
- Organized, deadline-driven and detail-oriented to ensure timely, effective and accurate performance of job duties
- Accurate typing ability of 50 wpm and comprehensive computer and office equipment experience
- Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, computer keyboarding and continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more
- Some travel is required to collect records and information at offsite locations or file documents with courts
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Required 3-5 years: Litigation
- Licenses & Certifications: Preferred Certified Paralegal
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Office Administrator Shauna Sinnathamby via email at [email protected].