San Francisco – Associate Attorney
Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum is currently accepting resumes for an associate attorney in its office located in downtown San Francisco. Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the state of California.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Attend depositions, meetings, court hearings and site inspections as directed by client coordinator.
- Track case status by monitoring weekly personal calendar and by communicating regularly with case manager.
- Attend weekly round table meeting and calendar meeting.
- Self-starter capable of responding to discovery requests, drafting and revising legal briefs, preparing witnesses for testimony at depositions and in court, and negotiating and drafting settlement agreements.
- Keep docket clerks apprised of changes to case calendars by communicating regularly via email.
- Able to effectively supervise staff and collaborate with other attorneys to successfully complete assignments.
- Highly motivated, efficient, organized and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Enter billable time into the computer on a daily basis and meet a minimum billing requirement of 158.34 hours per month net of write-downs (1900 per year). This requirement is not reduced by any paid or unpaid time off, mandatory training or the performance of any nonbillable functions. Such time off, training or performance of nonbillable functions are not counted toward the minimum billing requirement.
- Ensure all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines available on the firm intranet.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and clients.
- Organized, good at prioritizing tasks and detail-oriented.
- Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, computer keyboarding, continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading, and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
- Work may also require traveling to offsite locations for depositions, collecting records and information, or filing documents with courts.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Office Administrator Shauna Sinnathamby via email at [email protected].