Litigation Support Analyst
There has never been a better time to join Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum, a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation. At BEHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We will resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
Litigation Support Analyst
The San Francisco, California office of Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum is currently accepting resumes for Litigation Support Analyst. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of Litigation Support at a law firm, a working knowledge of Prolaw and is eager to join a growing and busy firm. This is a full-time, salaried role with great benefits. This position is about 75% Litigation Support and 25% IT Desktop Support.
Manager of Firm’s E-Discovery and ESI Data:
- Coordinating and implementing the conversion, processing, loading and exporting of data and images to and front internal and ESI products
- Advising and providing decision-making support to attorneys and case teams for the preparation, ingestion and processing of large case data sets
- Providing access to and training attorneys, paralegals and other personnel on litigation support applications including ProLaw, AccessData/Exterro’s Summation Pro (now called FTK-C) and other 3rd party E-Discovery platforms and the document review process
- Maintain and track ESI that is received, loaded and produced
- Be the local ProLaw expert and work with Thomson Reuters to resolves ProLaw related issues. Support users in complex searches and have a basic understanding of SQL queries. Export partial and full cases for network review or transfer to outside counsel.
- Be responsible for practice support documentation and enforce internal e-discovery and data processing and sharing standards
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work with multiple simultaneous demands under time pressure
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Access, SQL and large text editor tools
Work with clerks, paralegals, attorneys to solve a range of litigation issues:
- Ensure files formats are valid, secure and viewable, including medical, environmental and architectural file formats
- Handle relationships with external vendors and communicate data specifications and requirements effectively
- Listen to, evaluate and solve all litigation support issues that are brought up to ensure case flow stays optimal
- Handle complex mass file renaming, data duplication and work with OCR, extracted data
First responder IT Desktop Support Issues:
- Monitoring, routing, escalating and resolving IT tickets (via Zendesk) Firm-wide.
- Handling personal computer hardware upgrades and repairs, including HDD, power supplies, memory and monitors.
- Experience supporting Windows 10, Windows 7, MacOS and home networking environments to help with employee’s home office environment and remote access
- Daily monitoring of Citrix access and ensuring all have timely remote access to their systems.
- Attend IT management meetings to address issues and expansion of BEHB network to accommodate increase data loads and increasing users.
- Administrator of Firms Citrix ShareFile account. Working with IT Director to create new users, manage data usage, create reports for tracking of data sent and received. Support internal staff with uploading, sharing and receiving of large files.
- Work with and train employees on the internal phone system (Mitel) phone system.
- Work closely with IT Director as a part of a team
- Handle issue related to Office365 applications, including Word and Excel and PDF generation and manipulation with Adobe Acrobat
Able to work daily on-site in downtown San Francisco and able to respond to “off hours” IT service requests (evenings & weekends).
Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected].