Lateral Partner Attorney (Environmental Practice)
*NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions and our deep commitment to the safety of our employees and the community, this position is currently remote. When restrictions are lifted, the person in this position can be based in either greater Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area.
Who we are:
- Recently named one of America’s Top Trusted Corporate Law Firms by Forbes, Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum (BEHB) is a nimble California firm of talented trial lawyers. From our offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we help clients confront and overcome a wide variety of complex claims in state and federal court throughout California. We are adept at handling high-stakes environmental cases involving cutting-edge legal precedent, as well as advanced scientific and engineering concepts.
- Our attorneys take effective depositions, produce winning law & motion work, and use the latest technology to gain an edge in complex litigation. To prepare for trial, we work with the right experts to develop strong defense strategies and employ talented artists to craft compelling visual exhibits.
The firm is currently accepting resumes for a lateral partner-level attorney. Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the State of California and have extensive experience in environmental litigation. A book of transportable business is a plus.
About the role:
- Handle all aspects of pre-trial and trial work on environmental cases, as well as non-environmental cases that come into firm.
- Track case status by monitoring weekly personal calendar and by communicating regularly with case manager.
- Attend weekly round table meeting and calendar meeting.
- Keep docket clerks apprised of changes to case calendars by communicating regularly via email.
- Able to effectively supervise staff and collaborate with other attorneys to successfully complete assignments.
- Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Enter billable time into computer daily and meet a minimum billing requirement of 158.34 hours per month net of write downs (1900 per year). This requirement is not reduced by any paid or unpaid time off, mandatory training, or the performance of any non-billable functions. Such time off, training, or performance of non-billable functions is not counted toward the minimum billing requirement.
- Ensure all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines available on the firm intranet.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- Must have extensive experience in environmental litigation. Portable business is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Organized, good at prioritizing tasks, and detail-oriented.
- Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, computer keyboarding, continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading, and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
- Work may also require traveling to offsite locations for depositions, collecting records and information, or filing documents with courts.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation including annual salary based upon relevant experience and education.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Office Administrator Shauna Sinnathamby via email at: [email protected].