Noel Edlin is a founding partner who defends clients throughout the U.S. in high-stakes environmental, toxic tort, product liability, and trucking and commercial auto cases. During his past three decades of practicing law Noel has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict, and every year since 2006 he has been recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer for Environmental Litigation.
Noel is the managing partner at Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum, a law firm of trial specialists with offices in downtown San Francisco and Los Angeles. Under Noel’s leadership, the firm makes intelligent investments in continuing education and information technology to work smarter, decrease costs for clients, and keep on the cutting edge of e-discovery.
Noel earned his Juris Doctorate in 1982 from UC Hastings College of the Law, where he was Managing Editor for the Hastings Communications & Entertainment Law Journal from 1981-1982. Throughout his career Noel has shown his commitment to the legal community by volunteering his time. For example, he served on the California Bar Association's Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation, and was formerly the Chair of the Bar Association of San Francisco's Judiciary Committee. In addition, Noel currently serves as a Member of the UC Hastings Board of Trustees and was previously a Member of the UC Hastings Board of Governors.
- Business Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Product Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Trucking and Transportation
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Chair, San Francisco Bar Association Judiciary Committee
- Member, California State Bar to the Judicial Nominations and Evaluations Commission
- General Counsel, National Council On Crime And Delinquency
- Member, Board of Trustees, UC Hastings College of the Law, 10/2018 to Present
- Member, Board of Governors, UC Hastings College of the Law, 10/2015 to 10/2018
- Northern California Super Lawyer in Environmental Law
- AV Rating from the Martindale Hubbell Law Director
- National Council on Crime and Delinquency, Former Board Member and General Counsel